according to us
A journey through quality fruit, full of our care, commitment and passion, to let you enjoy the authentic taste of nature. .We select the best fruit in the world and bring it to the tables of Italy, for over 50 years.
We import and distribute the best selection of exotic fruit and traditional fruit from the southern hemisohere to Italy, in order to offer naturally delicious products even in the off-season. .Our mission is to guarantee the quality of our products in every circumstance. We follow this goal day after day, through scrupulous controls of our whole production line, from farming to ripening, from packaging all the way to the most efficient transport solutions.
We create solid and and loyal relationships with partners, collaborators and suppliers, bsaed on trust and reliability. These professional relationships allow us to be transparent with our clients and to keep our promise, offering only fruit that is high quality.
We guarantee perfect consistency in our fruit and our work. In all our daily activities, we aim for consistency and constant quality to reach our quality goals.
We love what we do and we prove it every day with the fruits of our labour. Because we can only improve season after season, keeping up our eagerness, with passion and enthusiasm.
Along with these three principles, there is a fourth concept that defines our work: responsability.For this reason, in accordance with the Italian Legislative Decree No 231/2001 on production responsability, we have decided to make thee following documents available for consultation:
From Turin to Rome, all the way to Argentina. Throughout the history of the company, Battaglio has raised its level of penetration into the market, expanding in national territory and beyond.
In Turin, Battaglio has its headquarters, with commercial direction, logistics centre and vast deposits. Every day, over 500 tons of fruit depart from here, 80% of which is destined for large-scale retail trade, while the remaining 20% heads to fruit and food markets.
To complete national distribution lines, Battaglio opens its main logistical centre for the centre and south of Italy in Rome. Built in 2014, this deposit is inside the Agro-Food Centre in Rome (Centro Agroalimentare di Roma, CAR), and thanks to two subsequent expansions, has improved its stocking capacity and relative efficiency levels over the years.
Since 2002 Battaglio has been operating in Argentina as well. The Buenos Aires deposit, unveiled in 2017, is the main hub for import and distribution of fruit in the country, especially for bananas from Ecuador and from Colombia. From the Alto Valley of the Rio Negro, Battaglio exports about 15 thousand toons of pears and apples yearly